COVID Coverage Available: See our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Coverage Statement for eligible plan coverage and service requests.
Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc.’s Complaint Handling Process
1. Our commitment and the purpose of this Policy
Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc. (Travelex) is a subsidiary of World Travel Protection Canada Inc. (WTP). Travelex and WTP are separate legal entities and part of Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich). Our process for handling our valued customers’ complaints has been designed to adhere to both the principles and spirit of Zurich’s Code of Conduct.
These principles include:
While we strive to ensure that your experience with Travelex is positive, this process is in place to offer you clear steps to address any concerns or complaints you may have with our services. A copy of the Policy is available upon request.
2. What is a complaint?
A complaint is the expression of at least one of the following elements:
- A reproach in connection with providing (or failing to provide) our products or services, including but not limited to, unfair business practices, conduct in violation of applicable law or regulation, or unethical conduct
- The identification of a real or potential harm that a consumer has experienced or may experience
- A request for a remedial action
The initial expression of dissatisfaction by a consumer, whether in writing or otherwise, will not be considered a complaint where the issue is settled in the ordinary course of business.
Where a consumer makes a verbal complaint to a staff member of Travelex, the complaint is documented, and a complaint file is created. The complaint file will contain the original complaint, the outcome of the complaint examination process and the final response to the complainant.
3. Addressing your complaint
Stage 1- Let us know
Most complaints can be resolved quickly by speaking with someone from the team at Travelex. If that person cannot help you, they will ensure that you are directed to the appropriate department.
Stage 2 – Contact Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc.’s, Privacy and Compliance Officer
Our Privacy and Compliance Officer is the person in charge of applying this complaint-handling policy (“Policy”).
While you are encouraged to speak with a staff member who has been involved with your claim or concern, our Privacy and Compliance Officer is available to review your complaint and take the appropriate course of action, in an effort to ensure your complaint is resolved satisfactorily.
You may also submit your complaint though a letter, email or phone call via the information below:
Privacy and Compliance Officer
Travelex Insurance Services Canada Inc.
901 King Street West, Suite 300
Toronto ON Canada
Upon receiving your complaint, the Privacy and Compliance Officer will send an acknowledgement of receipt within 10 business days and initiate the company’s complaint examination process. The complaint will be reviewed within 30 days or as soon as reasonably possible of receiving all the information necessary for the examination. After investigating the complaint, the Privacy and Compliance Officer will provide a final response with justifying reasons or explaining that more time is necessary and why.
Stage 3 - External independent review of the complaint
If, after the Privacy and Compliance Officer has provided a final written letter, you are not satisfied with the way Travelex has responded to your complaint or you believe your complaint still requires further review, you may choose to:
- Contact an independent third-party dispute resolution entity: the General Insurance Ombudservice (GIO) or OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance (OLHI).
- Contact the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) or contact a provincial regulator for further support. Links to the regulators can be accessed through the GIO website: https://www.giocanada.org/links/.
- Quebec consumers may ask the Ombudsman to transfer their file including all the information related to the complaint to the AMF at any time using the Request the Transfer of a File to the AMF form if they are not satisfied with Travelex's complaint-handling process. The AMF will examine the file and, if necessary, ask you for more information or documents.
Contact information for Escalation of Questions, Concerns or Complaints:
Autorité des marches financiers (AMF)
Place de la Cite, tour Cominar
2640, boulevard Laurier, bureau 400
Québec, Québec G1V 5C1
800, square Victoria, 22e étage
C.P. 246, tour de la Bourse
Montréal, Québec H4Z 1G3
Toll Free Telephone: 1-877-525-0337
4. Effective Date
This Policy is effective as of March 2022 and was last amended March 2022.